World’s most precise multi-function light meter with wireless triggering built-in
- Super Sensitive Flash Metering. Reflected flash measurements as sensitive as f/2.0 (ISO 100).
- 1° Spot with Digital Display Rectangular 1° spot viewfinder with vivid display.
- Radio Transmitter Built-in L-558R Wireless triggering and measuring of flash up to 100 ft. away.
- Selective Quad-Triggering Control Select which flash or camera triggers with direct function keys.
- Analyzing Function Simultaneous reading of flash and ambient light is analyzed.
The Sekonic L-558R DUALMASTER is the first multi-function light meter that incorporates a wireless triggering transmitter built-in. It has been designed to meet the challenges of today’s film and digital photographer. It offers a 1° spot meter that measures reflected flash output down to an amazing f/2.0 (ISO 100). Its parallax-free lens eliminates erroneous close-up photography light readings. A digital readout through the spot viewfinder displays all-important exposure information. With a turn of a knob the L-558R DUALMASTER changes from an incident meter to a reflective spot meter for both ambient and flash measurements, all-in-one rugged, compact, all-weather housing. Selecting aperture or shutter priority modes or EV is as easy as turning the Jog wheel. Simultaneous evaluation of ambient and flash is displayed in three convenient ways. Unique features such as meter calibration, exposure compensation and CINE settings offer the flexibility that today’s photographers require.
- Analyzing Function
A simultaneous reading of flash and ambient light is analyzed.
The readings are displayed in three different ways on the LCD:
- Combined readings of flash and ambient
- Percentage of flash in the total exposure
- Simultaneous display of flash, ambient and combined readings on the analog display
- Retractable Lumisphere
A built-in adjustable incident dome (Lumisphere) provides full measuring in the standard position or when retracted, provides cosine corrected light readings for individual light source measurements or flat artwork.
- Spot with Digital Display
The L-558R DUALMASTER features a rectangular 1° parallax-free spot viewfinder. In dim or bright light situations, the L-558R DUALMASTER’s spot viewfinder displays f/stops, shutter speeds and more. The built-in spot meter measures both reflected ambient, flash or combined lighting. The optical finder also features an eyepiece with an adjustable diopter.
- Memory Mode
9 memory banks are available in both Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority Modes, making contrast evaluation and averaging possible in both modes.
- Illuminated Direct Display
Both shutter speeds and apertures can be displayed in full, 1/2 or 1/3 step increments plus 1/10 stop units to accommodate most camera manufacturer’s settings.
- Exposure, Calibration and Filter Compensation
Exposure compensation of +/-9.9 EV
Calibration compensation of +/-1.0 EV
Filter compensation of +/-5.0 EV
- Dual ISO Settings
Allows the photographer to take single light readings and display the exposure settings in two different ISO film speeds such as negative film and Polaroid proofing film. The second ISO setting is also ideal for calculating exposure compensation such as filter factors or bellows factors, without having to change the original film speed settings.
- Full-Featured Flash Measurements
- Cord Flash Mode (Cumulative and Non Cumulative)
- Cordless Flash Mode (Cumulative and Non Cumulative)
- Radio Triggering Mode
- Built-in Radio Transmitter Module
Electronic flash units and/or cameras can be triggered wirelessly with the built-in digital radio Transmitter (compatible with all PocketWizard Digital Radios). Simultaneous triggering and measuring of flash units up to 100 feet away is possible. With its new easy-to-use Selective Quad-Triggering control (4 zone lighting control), the L-558R DUALMASTER offers quick selection of which flash unit to trigger and measure independently with a touch of a key. Now you can individually measure several flash units wirelessly by the touch of the meter’s measuring button, without walking over to each light and turning it on or off.
- All Weather Design
All buttons, switches and compartments are sealed and the meter housing has been constructed with durable, rugged conditions in mind.